Tuesday 10 May 2016

Memory Lane - XStitch



Spring Time Daffodils....From a sketch i did in about '87 and created about '89

Once upon a time there was a teenager who loved to draw.....she taught herself to embroider when she was 9-10 years old (that's a set of pic for another day...when i get into the loft). In her mid teens she discovered X-Stitch and had a dream to start a business, this never came to anything but I thought I would share some of the cross stitches I created from my sketches and drawings when I was in my late teens early twenties........a long time ago.

A big thanks to the guys at Hochanda who gave me the courage to share these old dreams




All of the above are small cross stiches i designed and produced during lunch breaks at work when i worked in Costings at Saga Hols.


As you can see, these were inspired by images i saw in the travel brochures i worked with

I was obsessed with drawing roses at school and these are worked onto canvas from a sketch in charcoal.

I hope you have enjoyed a wee peek down into the deep deep of memory lane....tomorrow im thinking fairies lol

No comments:

Post a Comment